I have something to confess. I’m a motivational speaker junkie. Anything relating to ‘becoming your best self’ or ‘unleashing your inner beast’, I’m all over it. All the time. I literally started listening to that kind of goodness when I would go running. One word. Glorious.
It comes as no surprise, then, that I’ve been thinking a lot about something I heard Tony Robbins once say; “we act consistently with, and ultimately become who we believe we are”. I’ve heard it before, but for some reason this time it just stuck. Have you ever had that? You could’ve heard something fourteen times, but just that one time, it rattled something within you.
Anyways, this got me really thinking about limiting beliefs: you know, those pesky little thoughts in our minds about what we believe we deserve. Most of the time, we limit ourselves based off our current circumstances, am I right? Well what the hell?! When did I stop believing I deserved the world, or even that I was worthy of it? What has been standing in my way? As Mel Robbins so nicely put it, it’s the bullshit excuses I tell myself that I can’t have it. (Her Ted talk, by the way, is amazing, which you can find here). If you’re reading this, I bet you’re right there with me.
Well, that’s all about to change, my friends, thanks to our friend, Mr. Robbins. After watching dozens of his coaching sessions, I have compiled some steps that you can take to help regain your power, or as Mr. Robbins calls it, steps to help Raise Your Standard, which ultimately, helps you reshape your beliefs. I know they work cause hey, I’ve been doing them and they’ve worked for me too! So what you’ll need to do is grab a pen and paper and be 100% brutally honest with yourself. Literally that’s the only way this works. Stop making excuses or not being honest with yourself. Just stop. Okay, now that we’ve got that out of the way, lezzzz go!!!!
- Pick an area of your life you want to focus on, something that you want to improve. This could be anything; career, finances, relationship, etc.
- Write down what your life is like in that area as specifically as possible.
- Write the truth about where you are right now.
- What are the rituals that have put me there? Be honest. Something you do consistently
- What do you want, what is your vision? Be as specific as possible
- What are the rituals you need to get you there? (Remember: willpower doesn’t last but rituals do)
- Do 2 or 3 new things to get you there, don’t try to do everything all at once, just take action
With these steps, let me give you an example to kind of give you a mental picture of what you’re writing down.
- I want to focus on losing weight and getting healthy
- Right now, I am currently 12.2 lbs over weight and can’t fit into my size 8 jeans
- I only go to the gym when I have time which is rare and I don’t track what I eat, I just eat when I’m hungry
- I want to get back to my boxing weight. I want to be fast, increase my endurance, and feel stronger. I want to see my muscles when I flex, and I want to fit comfortably in my jeans
- I will sign up for the boxing gym down the street and go at least twice a week. I will track what I eat once a week and once I get in the habit, I will increase my days boxing and tracking.
I’m not going to lie, this isn’t the most glamorous exercise because I’m going to bet no one likes to get brutally honest with themselves. I sure don’t! But I also kind of felt a healing power in it because it’s now, that we’re going to regain our power and dig into who we know we can become and change our beliefs on what we think we deserve.
So, what are you waiting for? Give it a shot and let me know how it goes for you! Are you ready to take action and change your life? What goals are you wanting to reach and what are the 2-3 things you’re going to do to reach the goals? Let me know, I’d love to hear from you!
Oh! I almost forgot. If you’re wanting to watch the coaching session with Tony Robbins, you can find it here. I honestly recommend anything he puts out, he is just awe inspiring!
Until next time babes!